WORSHIP: Youth Group Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm
- WHEN: Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Dinner is served at the church beginning at 5pm.
- WHERE: Senior High Room in The "U"
- WHAT: The large group setting for both the junior and senior high ministries. During this time students will gather in their respective locations for worship and teaching from the Word of God.
- WHY: All students need a place each week where they can come and worship God with their peers...Youth Group is that place. During this time real, personal application of the Word of God will be applied to the students by Devin and Billy. Youth Group also provides a place each week where students can bring their friends to a friendly, welcoming setting where they could perhaps engage with the gospel for the first time!
TEACHING: Sunday School, Sundays 9:30-10:30am
- WHEN: Sundays, 9:30-10:30am.
- WHERE: The U
- WHAT: During this time students will be exposed to other adults in the church who have a heart and passion for teaching them.
- WHY: Sunday School is a focused time of teaching that hits on relevant topics and concerns that apply to where the students are in their Christian journey. Different series will be chosen to cover various topics.
NURTURE: Small Groups, Sundays, 5:00-7pm
- WHEN: Sundays, 5:00-7:00pm. Starts back up in August.
- WHERE: Both Jr. High and Sr. High will meet in The U. Small groups will then proceed to various locations in the church.
- WHAT: Dinner is served in The U at 5:00pm and is followed by worship as a large group, then small groups break up and go to their assigned rooms through The U and Highlands Church building.
- WHY: Small Groups are a place where nurture and fellowship can happen around the Word of God. We have an amazing small group ministry with our youth here at Highlands. This is due in large part to the awesome and committed volunteers who lead grade and gender specific small groups.
This element of WTNR is very flexible and we feel that through the different reaching aspects below you will find out why the HPCYM is truly a well-balanced ministry offering students many different ways and opportunities to intersect with each other and the culture.
Events & Fellowship
Throughout the year the Junior and Senior High ministries offer different and various opportunities for fellowship and fun. Some of these events serve as opportunities for students to reach out to their friends and peers.
Conferences & Retreats
In addition, throughout the year, retreats and conferences will be offered for spiritual growth and fun. These opportunities are designed to further students along the path of WTNR in a more focused and intentional way. Please visit the links to the left for more information on these opportunities.
Missions is one of the areas that we truly believe sets the HPCYM apart and brings balance to the overall discipleship process. Students will have a unique opportunity to go out of their comfort zone to a cross-cultural setting and be the hands and feet of Christ. Click here for more info.
Another way in which we seek to “reach out” is by looking in our own backyard for ministry opportunities. The HPCYM is involved with MadCAAP and other local ministries to give our students opportunities to reach out in their community. Click here for more info.