The Edge 2011
Here are some in-the-moment updates for you from our amazing trip:
- The Edge Day 1 was crazy great, too bad my Jr. High boys room smells like death + axe
- Happy Birthday Caroline Pettis. I'm glad u r here at The Edge. I got u a mountain, i hope you like it
- Water Fest 2011 @ The Edge was "muddy, dirty, fun, crazy, spectacular, wet, painful, and slippery" according to the dudes.
- Excited to see what God does in tonight's meeting @ The Edge. Psalm 100:5
- God showed His faithfulness to the jr high @ edge_conference last night in a big way. Today: White Water Rafting on the Ocoee. YEAH BUDDY!
- Rafting: Anna, Caroline, and Devin were terrified putting their lives into the hands of the Rhodes brothers, but they did great under the pressure...FEW!
- Edge Got Talent: "This amazing yo-yo guy makes Devin look like an amateur." -Steven Hillerman
- I don't care what u think u must do next summer. The Edge is better. Plan NOW to go in 2012. Dates are June 23 - 27
- We're Back...and so the battle begins to worship the one true God and not some false idol. We're great worshipers, it's our gods that stink! 1 Kings 18-19
One Sentence Summaries of The Edge experience:
- The Edge was an amazing way to get closer to God, meet new people from the southeast, and make wonderful memories that will last a long time. -MK
- extremely fun and spiritual place. I am so glad that i was able to go. -Drennan
- An exciting fun way to get closer to God. -JAnderson
- Fun and life changing. JRhodes
- Cool and i grew closer to God. LRhodes
- A crazy fun middle school party for God -Devin
- It's inspiring with a twist of fun as it opens you up to a different mind set of worship. -Alex
- An amazing trip, both spiritually and physically. -Steven
- A moving week to find your place with God and to see his light shine throughout the whole week! Megan Kelly
- It was a BLAST, but it was more than just that; it was a convicting week that showed me that the life I was living was not enough and it gave me a hunger to fully submit to our awesome God! Haley Rountree